8 June 2011

June 8th - Still waiting

Paige woke up again at 2.30am this morning for some milk, a poo and lots of cuddles for nearly 2 hours, then decided that she should go back to sleep. She woke up twice after that for more cuddles but Russell went to her instead and I got a wee bit more sleep. I spent the day keeping busy and trying not to look at the clock all day. I caved at about 1.30pm and called but there were still no results. I called again at 5.00pm. Finally Mary called at 5.35pm and apologised because the results were still inconclusive. Apparently the senior technician was not available today and the ones that were there could not adequately interpret the results, the seior person will be there tomorrow and hopefully we'll have some clarity. Mary shared my frustration because she is also quite anxious to have the results. It is so reassuring that Paige's consultant takes such a keen interest in her and is so passionate about her work.
I should mention that even though Paige isn't eating and drinking much she has managed to gain 0.2kgs over the last 10 days, so I guess she's making the best use if whatever she ingests!

So Paige and I will head down to Piam Brown again tomorrow for 9.00am sharp hoping that she has a minimum neutrophil count of 0.5 so that she can resume her treatment.
We continue to be heartened by the keen interest with which you guys follow Paige's blog and the follow up e mails/text messages and phone calls that we get. Paige is such a lucky girl to have so many people who are rooting for her to be in good health, and of course providing invaluable support to us :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment